- Hiring: Japanese Editor/Checker
The Nippon Communications Foundation is hiring an editor/translation checker to work on Nippon.com and other projects. The work will include:
- Checking of English translations against Japanese source texts for accuracy
- Editing of English texts to match our publication’s style
- Project management, including communication with authors and freelance translators and editors
- Some translation into Japanese
An ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced editor, ideally with five years’ or more experience in English-language publishing
- A talented English communicator, with a TOEIC score of 850+
- An excellent writer of Japanese (native-level fluency a must)
- Knowledgeable about Japanese current affairs, economics, politics, and society
- Interested in communicating that knowledge to a global readership
We would like to hire someone to start work on September 1 this year. The contract will be for one year, with the possibility of a full-fledged position with the foundation thereafter. Weekends and national holidays off; full commute cost covered.
To apply for the position, please send your resume and description of your work experience (履歴書と職務経歴書) to us. The materials must arrive no later than Monday, July 9.
Nippon Communications Foundation (attn.: hiring officer)
2F, Nippon Press Center
2-2-1 Uchisaiwaichō, Chiyoda-ku 100-0011
We will contact successful candidates to arrange an interview. The interview process will also include an English-to-Japanese translation trial and short test on familiarity with current events.
(Click here to view this job offer in Japanese.)