- Hiring: Spanish editor/translator
The Nippon Communications Foundation is hiring an editor/translator to work on the Spanish-language version of Nippon.com and other projects. The work will include:
- Translation of English and/or Japanese texts into Spanish
- Editing of Spanish texts to match our publication’s style
- Project management, including communication with authors and freelance translators
An ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced translator/editor, ideally with experience in Spanish-language publishing (particularly on the web)
- A talented Japanese communicator (JLPT level 1 or better)
- An excellent writer of Spanish (native-level fluency a must)
- Knowledgeable about Japanese current affairs, economics, politics, and society
- Interested in communicating that knowledge to a global readership
We would like to hire someone to start work in April this year. The contract will be for one year, with the possibility of a full-fledged position with the foundation thereafter. Weekends and national holidays off; commute, social insurance costs covered.
To apply for the position, please send your resume and description of your work experience (履歴書と職務経歴書) to firstname.lastname@example.org (in .doc, .rtf, or .pdf format). You may also send them via postal mail to the address below. The materials must arrive no later than Monday, March 11.
Nippon Communications Foundation (attn.: hiring officer)
2F, Nippon Press Center
2-2-1 Uchisaiwaichō, Chiyoda-ku 100-0011
We will contact successful candidates to arrange an interview. Please feel free to share this message!