Japan’s Top 100 Blossoms: Tsurugajō Park (Fukushima)
The festival held during the sakura season is among the most spectacular in east Japan, as the entire park, with its castle and 1,000cherry trees, is illuminated at night.
Tsurugajō Park (Fukushima)
- Varieties: Somei yoshino, yaezakura, shidarezakura, etc.
- No. of trees: 1,000
- When: Mid- to late April
- Hours: Castle museum 8:30–17:00 (last entry 16:30)
- Admission: Castle museum ¥410
- Address: 1-1 Outemachi, Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima
- Website: Fukushima Prefecture Tourism and Local Products Association
Nearby hanami sites
Near Tsurugajō Park
- Takayu Onsen, Fukushima: Free-Flowing Waters With a Focus on Health
- An Exercise in Eccentricity: The Aizu Sazaedō “Double-helix Maze”
- The Timeless Charms of Aizu: Mukaitaki Ryokan, Higashiyama Hot Springs
(Translated from Japanese. Banner photo © Aizuwakamatsu Tourism Bureau.)