NTT Docomo Reopens Reservations for Huawei Smartphones

Economy

Tokyo, Aug. 21 (Jiji Press)--Japanese mobile phone carrier NTT Docomo Inc. <9437> restarted on Wednesday accepting orders for a new smartphone model made by Chinese telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies Co.

Docomo previously started accepting orders for the new smartphone model, P30 Pro HW-02L, in May, but this was suspended for the time being to confirm the impact of U.S. sanctions on Huawei.

The latest move came after industry rivals KDDI Corp. <9433> and Softbank Corp. <9434> announced earlier this month that they will start selling Huawei phones.

"We have confirmed that customers will have no problems using the device," Docomo said.

With the situation over Huawei still unpredictable, the company said it will make proper decisions depending on the circumstances.

[Copyright The Jiji Press, Ltd.]

Jiji Press