Japan’s Top 100 Blossoms: Ōboshi Park (Yamanashi)
Many events are held the Ōboshi sakura festival, including dynamic yosakoi dancing and wadaiko drumming performances. With stalls selling food and drinks under the blossoms and a close-up view of Mount Fuji, the park is truly a hanami lovers’ paradise.
Ōboshi Park (Yamanashi)
- Variety: Somei yoshino
- No. of trees: 2,000
- When: Late March to early April
- Hours: Open 24 hrs.
- Food, drinks: Available at stalls during sakura festival
- Admission: Free
- Address: 2175 Kajikazawa, Fujikawa-chō, Minamikoma-gun, Yamanashi
- Website: Yamanashi Tourism Organization
Near Ōboshi Park
- Masterpieces at the Foot of the Mountain: Kubota Itchiku’s Kimono Art in Yamanashi Prefecture
- Mount Fuji: Where the Spirits Dwell (Photos)
(Translated from Japanese. Banner photo © Fujikawa Town.)