Japan’s Top 100 Blossoms: Tsuruma Park (Aichi)
The park is famous for not only its sakuras but also such other flowers as roses and irises. Thus its flower festival—featuring nighttime illumination and a variety of events—does not end with the cherry blossoms season but continues through early June, when irises are in bloom.
Tsuruma Park (Aichi)
- Variety: Somei yoshino
- No. of trees: 750
- When: Late March to early April
- Hours: Open 24 hrs.
- Admission: Free
- Address: 1 Tsurumai, Shōwa-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi
- Website: Aichi Prefectural Tourism Association (Tsuruma Park)
Nearby hanami sites
Near Tsuruma Park
- Nagoya Castle’s Magnificent Palace and Tower on Show
- Updated Look and Exciting New Facilities at Central Japan Air Hub
- National Treasures: Japan’s Few Surviving Premodern Castles
(Translated from Japanese. Banner photo © Aichi Prefectural Tourism Association.)