Japan’s Top 100 Blossoms: Four Seasons Road of Yamazaki River (Aichi)
The sakuras along the Yamazaki River were first planted in the 1920s, and in 1987 the Four Seasons Road was constructed in response to people’s requests for a promenade that was attractive throughout the year. The lane is divided by bridges into the spring, summer, and autumn zones, with each showcasing the flowers that bloom in those seasons.
Four Seasons Road of Yamazaki River (Aichi)
- Variety: Somei yoshino
- No. of trees: 600
- When: Late March to early April
- Hours: Open 24 hrs.
- Admission: Free
- Address: Yamashita-dōri, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi
- Website: Aichi Prefectural Tourism Association (Yamazakigawa River)
Nearby hanami sites
Near Four Seasons Road of Yamazaki River
- Nagoya Castle’s Magnificent Palace and Tower on Show
- Updated Look and Exciting New Facilities at Central Japan Air Hub
- National Treasures: Japan’s Few Surviving Premodern Castles
(Translated from Japanese. Banner photo © Nagoya Mizuho Ward Office.)