Japan’s Top 100 Blossoms: Okazaki Park (Aichi)
The sakura festival, held when the blossoms are at their peak, features a historical pageant in which some 700 people, selected from members of the public who applied, parade around the city in period costumes. The festivities continue into the evening, as the cherry blossoms are lit up and the hours of Okazaki Castle—housing a historical museum—are extended. Okazaki Park is also famous for its wisterias and hosts a wisteria festival from late April to late May.
Okazaki Park (Aichi)
- Variety: Somei yoshino
- No. of trees: 800
- When: Late March to early April
- Hours: Open 24 hrs.
- Admission: Free (¥200 to enter Okazaki Castle)
- Address: 561-1 Kōsei-chō, Okazaki-shi, Aichi
- Website: Okazaki City Tourist Association
Nearby hanami sites
Near Okazaki Park
- Nagoya Castle’s Magnificent Palace and Tower on Show
- Updated Look and Exciting New Facilities at Central Japan Air Hub
- National Treasures: Japan’s Few Surviving Premodern Castles
(Translated from Japanese. Banner photo © Okazaki City.)