Japan’s Top 100 Blossoms: Kamine Park (Ibaraki)
Kamine Park is a popular destination for local residents, featuring a zoo with 70 different animals, a Leisure Land with a “see-through” roller coaster and Ferris wheel, a Children’s Playground, and a public pool. It also houses Ibaraki’s “index tree” for measuring whether the sakuras in the prefecture have blossomed and is crowded with visitors during the hanami season.
Kamine Park (Ibaraki)
- Varieties: Yaezakura, somei yoshino, etc.
- No. of trees: 120 along Heiwa-dōri and 1,000 in Kamine Park
- When: Early April
- Hours (March–October): Zoo 9:00–17:00 (last entry 16:15), Leisure Land 9:00–17:00
- Admission: Zoo ¥520 (children ¥100), Leisure Land ¥450 (children ¥200), pass for both facilities ¥820 (children ¥200)
- Address: (Kamine Park) 5-2-22 Miyata-chō, Hitachi-shi, Ibaraki
(Heiwa-dōri) 1-chōme, Kashima-chō, Hitachi-shi, Ibaraki
- Website: Ibaraki Prefectural Tourism and Local Products Association
Nearby hanami sites
Near Kamine Park
(Translated from Japanese. Banner photo © Hitachi Tourism and Products Association.)