Japan’s Top 100 Blossoms: Kumagaya Sakura Tsutsumi (Saitama)
A Kumagaya sakura festival, including nighttime illumination, is held when the cherries are in full bloom. Near the row of sakuras is the Kumagaya Rugby Stadium, where several matches were held during the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan.
Kumagaya Sakura Tsutsumi (Saitama)
- Varietiy: Somei yoshino
- No. of trees: 500
- When: Late March to mid-April
- Hours: Open 24 hrs.
- Admission: Free
- Address: 2-chōme, Kawara-chō, Kumagaya-shi, Saitama
- Website: Saitama Prefecture Trade and Tourism Association
Nearby hanami sites
Near Kumagaya Sakura Tsutsumi
- Moomin Theme Park Opens at Lakeside in Eastern Japan
- Keeping Ancient Mountain Worship Alive at Saitama’s Kanasana Shrine
- Tokyo’s New Restaurant Train Offers Haute Cuisine on Wheels
(Translated from Japanese. Banner photo © Kumagaya Tourist Bureau.)