Japan’s Top 100 Blossoms: Sumida Park (Tokyo)
Sumida Park straddles both banks of the Sumida River, with the pedestrian Sakura Bridge enabling visitors to view the blossoms from either the Taitō-ku or the Sumida-ku side. Another vantage point is aboard a hanami boat on the Sumida River. With nearby Tokyo Skytree lit up at night, the park is also popular for its yozakura.
Sumida Park (Tokyo)
- Varieties: Somei yoshino, shidarezakura, ōshimazakura, etc.
- No. of trees: 640 in Taitō-ku, 350 in Sumida-ku
- When: Late March to early April
- Hours: Open 24 hrs.
- Admission: Free
- Address: Hanakawado 1-1, Hanakawado 2-1, and Asakusa 7-1 in Taitō-ku and Mukōjima 1, 2,and 5 in Sumida-ku
- Website: Tokyo Convention and Visitors Bureau
Nearby hanami sites
Near Sumida Park
- How to Drink in Shinjuku’s Golden-gai Like a Regular
- Experiencing the Essence of Samurai Swordsmanship at Hisui Tokyo
- Unique Hostels Inspired by Traveling Light: Backpackers’ Japan
- Toco: A Hostel Brimming with the Charm of Yesteryear’s Japan
(Translated from Japanese. Banner photo © Pixta.)